We are frequently asked "What's your favorite... (Paint color, lamp, table, author, book...)?"
So... for the record here are some of our faves...
- Soothing paint colors, especially "near whites" such as Benjamin Moore's #1514 "French Canvas", #964 "White Sand" and #953 "Featherdown", as well as soft neutrals, such as Donald Kaufman's DKC-16 and DKC-8 and Benjamin Moore OC-23.
- Ladurée macaroons (especially Noix de Coco and Fleur d'Oranger). Not only are they stunningly delicious, but the packaging is spectacular. If only you didn't have to go to Europe to buy them!
- Diptyque scented candles (especially "foin coupé").
- The architecture of John L. Volk, William Lawrence Bottomley and David Adler.
- Smathers & Branson needlepoint belts and anything Hermès.
- The timeless art of Piranesi, Mark Rothko and Alberto Giacometti.
- English rush floor matting, abaca rugs and ancient Oushak carpets.
- Dessin Fournir's gorgeous "Sutcliffe" dining table, "Ellington" wing chair and "Costello" side table, Roman Thomas' "Paley" commode and Niermann Weeks "Randolph Minor" ottoman.
- Early French and English creamware, Chinese blanc de chine, shagreen boxes, Sheffield plate, and English silver cigar boxes of the 1920's - 30's.
- The classic interior design styles of Jean Michel Frank, Frances Elkins, Billy Baldwin and the master of tablescape, David Hicks.